Dr. Renping Zhou, Ph.D.
Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of PharmacyEOHSI – Toxicology
Work Susan Lehman Cullman Laboratory for Cancer Research Office; 217 – Lab: LCR 221 & 223 160 Frelinghuysen Road Piscataway NJ 08854 work
Work Phone: 848-445-7246work
Work Fax: 732-445-0687workfax
Work Phone: Lab: 848-445-7245work
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
The Zhou laboratory is interested in the mechanisms mediating cell-cell communication and their roles in normal development, physiology, and diseases. Specifically the Zhou laboratory is investigating the functions of a large family of tyrosine kinase receptors, the Ephs, and their ligands, the ephrins, in neural circuit formation, eye development, and behavior regulations including motor activity, circadian rhythm, and aggression. The Zhou laboratory employs both in vitro and in vivo techniques, including neuron cultures, transgenic and knockout mice, as well as behavior assays.
Demonstration of a repulsive function of ephrins in axon guidance
Discovering signal transduction pathways mediating ephrin-induced growth cone guidance
Establishing a novel cataract mouse model
Elucidating regulation of cell-cell adhesion by ephrins
Member of editorial board: Neuroscience Bulletin; Cell & Bioscience
Membership in: AAAS, Society of Neuroscice, ARVO
- Kong, D, Hua, X, Zhou, R, Cui, J, Wang, T, Kong, F, You, H, Liu, X, Adu-Amankwaah, J, Guo, G et al.. Antimicrobial and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of MAF-1-Derived Antimicrobial Peptide Mt6 and Its D-Enantiomer D-Mt6 against Acinetobacter baumannii by Targeting Cell Membranes and Lipopolysaccharide Interaction. Microbiol Spectr. 2022; :e0131222. doi: 10.1128/spectrum.01312-22. PubMed PMID:36190276
- Zhou, R, He, M, Fan, J, Li, R, Zuo, Y, Li, B, Gao, G, Sun, T. The role of hypothalamic endoplasmic reticulum stress in schizophrenia and antipsychotic-induced weight gain: A narrative review. Front Neurosci. 2022;16 :947295. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2022.947295. PubMed PMID:36188456 PubMed Central PMC9523121
- Liu, W, Liu, C, Wang, H, Xu, L, Zhou, J, Li, S, Cheng, Y, Zhou, R, Zhao, L. Targeting N6-methyladenosine RNA modification combined with immune checkpoint Inhibitors: A new approach for cancer therapy. Comput Struct Biotechnol J. 2022;20 :5150-5161. doi: 10.1016/j.csbj.2022.09.017. PubMed PMID:36187919 PubMed Central PMC9508382
- Zhou, RN, Ma, XB, Wang, L, Kang, HF. Accidental venous port placement via the persistent left superior vena cava: Two case reports. World J Clin Cases. 2022;10 (27):9879-9885. doi: 10.12998/wjcc.v10.i27.9879. PubMed PMID:36186175 PubMed Central PMC9516935
- Peng, F, Xie, J, Liu, H, Zheng, Y, Qian, X, Zhou, R, Zhong, H, Zhang, Y, Li, M. Shifting focus from bacteria to host neutrophil extracellular traps of biodegradable pure Zn to combat implant centered infection. Bioact Mater. 2023;21 :436-449. doi: 10.1016/j.bioactmat.2022.09.004. PubMed PMID:36185738 PubMed Central PMC9483647
- Cheng, H, Shang, D, Zhou, R. Germline stem cells in human. Signal Transduct Target Ther. 2022;7 (1):345. doi: 10.1038/s41392-022-01197-3. PubMed PMID:36184610
- Mu, Y, Huang, J, Zhou, R, Zhang, S, Qin, H, Dong, Y, Wang, C, Wang, X, Pan, Q, Tang, H et al.. Comprehensive analysis for the bioturbation effect of space mutation and biofortification on strong-flavor Daqu by high-throughput sequencing, volatile analysis and metabolomics. Food Chem. 2022;403 :134440. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2022.134440. PubMed PMID:36183470
Categories: Faculty, Toxicology, Member, Tox Member
Updated 1 year ago.