Mark Gregory Robson, Ph.D., M.P.H., Dr.P.H.
Distinguished Professor – Rutgers Board of Governors Distinguished Service Professor
Rutgers University, School of Environmental and Biological SciencesEOHSI – Environmental and Population Health Bio-Sciences – Global Environmental Health
Work Foran Hall Room 186 59 Dudley Road New Brunswick NJ 08901 work
Work Phone: 848-932-6276work
Work Fax: 732-932-6535workfax
Cell Phone: 609-752-4009cell
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Website: Mark Robson’s Webpage
Dr. Robson’s CV
I am an applied exposure scientist and toxicologist. In my work I focus on the reduction and elimination of pesticide exposure to farmers and farm families particularly in rural areas in developing countries. My focus has been to measure and assess exposure and train farmers and farm workers. My interest in agriculture comes from growing up on a family fruit and vegetable farm in Burlington County New Jersey, my first degree was in agricultural science and this has been the platform for my research, teaching and service work. I have worked in Eastern Europe, West Africa, and Southeast Asia. In Southeast Asia, my research and training projects were supported with funds from the Asian Development Bank as well as NIH Fogarty D43 TW007849. For a period of 20 years I have taught more than 700 students in the Environmental Risk Assessment course taught at Chulalongkorn University. I have also established the Rutgers Thai Fogarty ITREOH Center at the College of Public Health Sciences at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok. There I have mentored 50 MPH and PhD students and have directly supported 26 students from seven countries with NIH Fogarty funds for their thesis research. Also as a result of teaching risk assessment classes at Rutgers and in developing countries I developed a textbook with Dr. William Toscano (University of Minnesota) titled: Environmental Health Risk Assessment for Public Health (2007) the second edition of the textbook in currently in revision and due out at the end of 2020.
My research focus is on pesticide exposure to farmers and farm families in developing countries, the major platform for this is the NIH FIC Thai International Training and Research in Environmental and Occupational Health grant.
- Thai FogartyI TREOH CenterGrant Number: D43 TW007849-01
- FogartyInternationalCenter- National Institutes of Health – NIEHS Principal Investigator
- US EPA Methane to Markets Partnership Grant Number XA-83444101-1Activities that Advance Methane Recovery and Use as a Clean Energy Source
- USEPA – Office of Atmospheric Programs Principal Investigator
NJAES Hatch and Multi-State Projects
- Project 2921 – Evaluating the Physical and Biological Availability of Pesticides and Contaminants in Agricultural Ecosystems and Project 3081 Agrochemical Impacts on Human and Environmental Health: Mechanisms and Mitigation
Click here for additional publications by Dr. Robson.
- Oludoye, OO, Siriwong, W, Robson, MG. Pesticide Safety Behavior among Cocoa Farmers in Nigeria: Current Trends and Determinants. J Agromedicine. 2022; :1-16. doi: 10.1080/1059924X.2022.2148147. PubMed PMID:36377752
- Kunno, J, Yubonpunt, P, Sumanasrethakul, C, Kaewchandee, C, Robson, MG, Wanichnopparat, W, Prasittichok, K, Luangwilai, T, Chaichan, C, Krainara, P et al.. Satisfaction with COVID-19 Vaccines in Health Care Workers and the General Population: A Cross-Sectional Study in Urban Bangkok, Thailand. Vaccines (Basel). 2022;10 (8):. doi: 10.3390/vaccines10081345. PubMed PMID:36016234 PubMed Central PMC9413823
- Luangwilai, T, Robson, MG, Siriwong, W. Investigation of kidney function changes in sea salt workers during harvest season in Thailand. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2022;73 (1):121-130. doi: 10.32394/rpzh.2022.0201. PubMed PMID:35322964
- Chakravarty, D, Johnson, A, Sklar, J, Lindeman, NI, Moore, K, Ganesan, S, Lovly, CM, Perlmutter, J, Gray, SW, Hwang, J et al.. Somatic Genomic Testing in Patients With Metastatic or Advanced Cancer: ASCO Provisional Clinical Opinion. J Clin Oncol. 2022;40 (11):1231-1258. doi: 10.1200/JCO.21.02767. PubMed PMID:35175857
- Baumert, BO, Fiedler, N, Prapamontol, T, Suttiwan, P, Naksen, W, Panuwet, P, Sittiwang, S, Dokjunyam, C, Smarr, MM, Marsit, CJ et al.. Investigation of Prenatal Pesticide Exposure and Neurodevelopmental Deficits in Northern Thailand: Protocol for a Longitudinal Birth Cohort Study. JMIR Res Protoc. 2022;11 (2):e31696. doi: 10.2196/31696. PubMed PMID:35129451 PubMed Central PMC8861866
- Sombatsawat, E, Barr, DB, Panuwet, P, Robson, MG, Siriwong, W. Pesticide toxicity assessment and geographic information system (GIS) application in small-scale rice farming operations, Thailand. Sci Rep. 2022;12 (1):499. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-04523-x. PubMed PMID:35017597 PubMed Central PMC8752847
- Luangwilai, T, Robson, MG, Siriwong, W. Effect of heat exposure on dehydration and kidney function among sea salt workers in Thailand. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2021;72 (4):435-442. doi: 10.32394/rpzh.2021.0186. PubMed PMID:34928120
- Norkaew, S, Phanprasit, W, Robson, MG, Woskie, S, Buckley, BT. Estimating Occupational Exposure to VOCs, SVOCs, Particles and Participant Survey Reported Symptoms in Central Thailand Rice Farmers Using Multiple Sampling Techniques. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021;18 (17):. doi: 10.3390/ijerph18179288. PubMed PMID:34501879 PubMed Central PMC8431457
- Pundee, R, Kongtip, P, Nankongnab, N, Anutrakulchai, S, Robson, MG, Woskie, S. Cross-shift change of acute kidney injury biomarkers in sugarcane farmers and cutters. Hum Ecol Risk Assess. 2021;27 (5):1170-1187. doi: 10.1080/10807039.2020.1812049. PubMed PMID:34290492 PubMed Central PMC8291722
- Laohaudomchok, W, Nankongnab, N, Siriruttanapruk, S, Klaimala, P, Lianchamroon, W, Ousap, P, Jatiket, M, Kajitvichyanukul, P, Kitana, N, Siriwong, W et al.. Pesticide use in Thailand: Current situation, health risks, and gaps in research and policy. Hum Ecol Risk Assess. 2021;27 (5):1147-1169. doi: 10.1080/10807039.2020.1808777. PubMed PMID:34290491 PubMed Central PMC8291370
Categories: Faculty, Environmental and Population Health Biosciences, Epi Members, Global Health, leadership, Member
Updated 1 year ago.