Mark Gregory Robson Ph.D., M.P.H., Dr.P.H.
Rutgers Board of Governors Distinguished Service Professor
Rutgers University, School of Environmental and Biological SciencesEOHSI – Global Environmental Health
Work Foran Hall Room 186 59 Dudley Road New Brunswick NJ 08901 work
Work Phone: 848-932-6276work
Work Fax: 732-932-6535workfax
Cell Phone: 609-752-4009cell
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Website: Mark Robson’s Webpage
Dr. Robson’s CV
I am an applied exposure scientist and toxicologist. In my work I focus on the reduction and elimination of pesticide exposure to farmers and farm families particularly in rural areas in developing countries. My focus has been to measure and assess exposure and train farmers and farm workers. My interest in agriculture comes from growing up on a family fruit and vegetable farm in Burlington County New Jersey, my first degree was in agricultural science and this has been the platform for my research, teaching and service work. I have worked in Eastern Europe, West Africa, and Southeast Asia. In Southeast Asia, my research and training projects were supported with funds from the Asian Development Bank as well as NIH Fogarty D43 TW007849. For a period of 20 years I have taught more than 700 students in the Environmental Risk Assessment course taught at Chulalongkorn University. I have also established the Rutgers Thai Fogarty ITREOH Center at the College of Public Health Sciences at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok. There I have mentored 50 MPH and PhD students and have directly supported 26 students from seven countries with NIH Fogarty funds for their thesis research. Also as a result of teaching risk assessment classes at Rutgers and in developing countries I developed a textbook with Dr. William Toscano (University of Minnesota) titled: Environmental Health Risk Assessment for Public Health (2007) the second edition of the textbook in currently in revision and due out at the end of 2020.
My research focus is on pesticide exposure to farmers and farm families in developing countries, the major platform for this is the NIH FIC Thai International Training and Research in Environmental and Occupational Health grant.
- Thai FogartyI TREOH CenterGrant Number: D43 TW007849-01
- FogartyInternationalCenter- National Institutes of Health – NIEHS Principal Investigator
- US EPA Methane to Markets Partnership Grant Number XA-83444101-1Activities that Advance Methane Recovery and Use as a Clean Energy Source
- USEPA – Office of Atmospheric Programs Principal Investigator
NJAES Hatch and Multi-State Projects
- Project 2921 – Evaluating the Physical and Biological Availability of Pesticides and Contaminants in Agricultural Ecosystems and Project 3081 Agrochemical Impacts on Human and Environmental Health: Mechanisms and Mitigation
Click here for additional publications by Dr. Robson.
- Oludoye, OO, Robson, MG, Siriwong, W. Using the Socio-Ecological Model to Frame the Influence of Stakeholders on Cocoa Farmers’ Pesticide Safety in Nigeria: Findings from a Qualitative Study. Risk Manag Healthc Policy. 2021;14 :2357-2368. doi: 10.2147/RMHP.S311223. PubMed PMID:34113191 PubMed Central PMC8184285
- Williams, CA, Kenny, LB, Weinert, JR, Sullivan, K, Meyer, W, Robson, MG. Effects of 27 mo of rotational vs. continuous grazing on horse and pasture condition. Transl Anim Sci. 2020;4 (3):txaa084. doi: 10.1093/tas/txaa084. PubMed PMID:32705075 PubMed Central PMC7370406
- Kunno, J, Ong-Artborirak, P, Panicharoen, P, Robson, MG, Siriwong, W. Pyrethroid Insecticides in Households from Urban Areas: An Association of the 3-PBA Metabolite and Hand Wipes. Ann Glob Health. 2020;86 (1):55. doi: 10.5334/aogh.2746. PubMed PMID:32523875 PubMed Central PMC7274199
- Li, A, Geyer, FC, Blecua, P, Lee, JY, Selenica, P, Brown, DN, Pareja, F, Lee, SSK, Kumar, R, Rivera, B et al.. Erratum: Publisher Correction: Homologous recombination DNA repair defects in PALB2-associated breast cancers. NPJ Breast Cancer. ;5 :44. doi: 10.1038/s41523-019-0140-8. PubMed PMID:31754629 PubMed Central PMC6864058
- Li, A, Geyer, FC, Blecua, P, Lee, JY, Selenica, P, Brown, DN, Pareja, F, Lee, SSK, Kumar, R, Rivera, B et al.. Homologous recombination DNA repair defects in PALB2-associated breast cancers. NPJ Breast Cancer. 2019;5 :23. doi: 10.1038/s41523-019-0115-9. PubMed PMID:31428676 PubMed Central PMC6687719
- Lwin, TZ, Than, AA, Min, AZ, Robson, MG, Siriwong, W. Effects of pesticide exposure on reproductivity of male groundnut farmers in Kyauk Kan village, Nyaung-U, Mandalay region, Myanmar. Risk Manag Healthc Policy. 2018;11 :235-241. doi: 10.2147/RMHP.S175230. PubMed PMID:30568520 PubMed Central PMC6276625
- Rockafellow-Baldoni, M, Spayd, SE, Hong, JY, Meng, Q, Ohman-Strickland, P, Robson, MG. Arsenic Exposure and Cancer Risk Reduction with Local Ordinance Requiring Whole-House Dual-Tank Water Treatment Systems. Hum Ecol Risk Assess. 2018;24 (5):1256-1267. doi: 10.1080/10807039.2017.1411779. PubMed PMID:30245564 PubMed Central PMC6145128
- Kenny, LB, Ward, D, Robson, MG, Williams, CA. Technical note: Comparing 4 techniques for estimating desired grass species composition in horse pastures. J Anim Sci. 2018;96 (6):2219-2225. doi: 10.1093/jas/sky111. PubMed PMID:29668994 PubMed Central PMC6095353
- Muadchim, M, Phanprasit, W, Robson, MG, Sujirarat, D, Detchaipitak, R. Case study of occupational mercury exposure during decontamination of turnaround in refinery plant. Int J Occup Environ Health. 2017;23 (1):81-86. doi: 10.1080/10773525.2018.1425657. PubMed PMID:29334858 PubMed Central PMC6060844
- Wongsasuluk, P, Chotpantarat, S, Siriwong, W, Robson, M. Using hair and fingernails in binary logistic regression for bio-monitoring of heavy metals/metalloid in groundwater in intensively agricultural areas, Thailand. Environ Res. 2018;162 :106-118. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2017.11.024. PubMed PMID:29289858
Categories: Faculty, Exposure Science and Epidemiology, Epi Members, Global Health, Member
Updated 5 days ago.