Chung “CS” Yang Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor & John L. Colaizzi Endowed Chair in Pharmacy
Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of PharmacyEOHSI – Toxicology
Work William Levine Hall Room 129 160 Frelinghuysen Road Piscataway NJ 08854 work
Work Phone: 848-445-5360work
Work Fax: 732-445-0687workfax
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Mechanisms of carcinogenesis and its prevention, including development of new animal models for colon ad prostate cancers as well as studies on the inhibition of carcinogenesis by tea constituents, tocopherols, and their combination with commonly used drugs. Research is being conducted in animal models, on molecular investigation with cell lines, and in humans.
- Development of animal models for colon and prostate cancers using humanized CYP1A mice and PhIP (a dietary carcinogen) to study dietary cancer prevention.
- Elucidation of the cancer preventive activities and mechanisms of action of green tea polyphenols.
- Demonstration of the broad cancer prevention activities of tocopherols, especially the higher activity of d-tocopherol than g-tocopherol, and the ineffectiveness of a-tocopherol.
- Elucidation of the inhibition of the interactions between cancer cells and myeloid derived suppressor cells in vivo and in vitro by curcumin.
- Conducting translational research on tocopherols in prostate cancer patients.
- Conduct research as described above.
- Teach a course on “Diet, Nutrition and Disease Prevention in Pharmacy Practice” and lecture in the course “Molecular Biology and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.”
- Serve as a Leader of the Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention Program of the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
- Serve on editorial board of several scientific journals and currently editing a special volume on “Tea and Health” for Pharmacological Research.
- Lee, CC, Chiu, MC, Shih, CH, Yang, CS, Liu, HC, Lin, CC. The role of anthropogenic disturbance and invasion of yellow crazy ant in a recent decline of land crab population. Sci Rep. 2021;11 (1):12234. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-91732-z. PubMed PMID:34112879 PubMed Central PMC8192946
- Kim, JS, Cho, E, Mun, SJ, Kim, S, Kim, SY, Kim, DG, Son, W, Jeon, HI, Kim, HK, Jeong, YJ et al.. Multi-Functional MPT Protein as a Therapeutic Agent against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Biomedicines. 2021;9 (5):. doi: 10.3390/biomedicines9050545. PubMed PMID:34068051 PubMed Central PMC8152475
- Huang, ST, Chen, Y, Chang, WC, Chen, HF, Lai, HC, Lin, YC, Wang, WJ, Wang, YC, Yang, CS, Wang, SC et al.. Scutellaria barbata D. Don Inhibits the Main Proteases (Mpro and TMPRSS2) of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) Infection. Viruses. 2021;13 (5):. doi: 10.3390/v13050826. PubMed PMID:34063247 PubMed Central PMC8147405
- Zhang, Z, Zhang, X, Bi, K, He, Y, Yan, W, Yang, CS, Zhang, J. Potential protective mechanisms of green tea polyphenol EGCG against COVID-19. Trends Food Sci Technol. 2021;114 :11-24. doi: 10.1016/j.tifs.2021.05.023. PubMed PMID:34054222 PubMed Central PMC8146271
- Chappell, AG, Yang, CS, Dumanian, GA. Surgical Treatment of Abdominal Wall Neuromas. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2021;9 (5):e3585. doi: 10.1097/GOX.0000000000003585. PubMed PMID:34046291 PubMed Central PMC8143781
- Chang, SH, Wang, J, Zhang, X, Zhao, N, Jia, K, Yi, M, Zhang, QX, Zhai, H, Li, XW, Yang, CS et al.. The prevalence of anti-neurofascin-155 antibodies in patients with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders. Clin Exp Immunol. 2021; :. doi: 10.1111/cei.13617. PubMed PMID:33998675
- Yang, CS, Jividen, K, Kamata, T, Dworak, N, Oostdyk, L, Remlein, B, Pourfarjam, Y, Kim, IK, Du, KP, Abbas, T et al.. Androgen signaling uses a writer and a reader of ADP-ribosylation to regulate protein complex assembly. Nat Commun. 2021;12 (1):2705. doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-23055-6. PubMed PMID:33976187 PubMed Central PMC8113490
Categories: Faculty, Toxicology, Member, Tox Member
Updated 2 months ago.