Chung “CS” Yang, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor & John L. Colaizzi Endowed Chair in Pharmacy
Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of PharmacyEOHSI – Toxicology
Work William Levine Hall Room 129 160 Frelinghuysen Road Piscataway NJ 08854 work
Work Phone: 848-445-5360work
Work Fax: 732-445-0687workfax
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Mechanisms of carcinogenesis and its prevention, including development of new animal models for colon ad prostate cancers as well as studies on the inhibition of carcinogenesis by tea constituents, tocopherols, and their combination with commonly used drugs. Research is being conducted in animal models, on molecular investigation with cell lines, and in humans.
- Development of animal models for colon and prostate cancers using humanized CYP1A mice and PhIP (a dietary carcinogen) to study dietary cancer prevention.
- Elucidation of the cancer preventive activities and mechanisms of action of green tea polyphenols.
- Demonstration of the broad cancer prevention activities of tocopherols, especially the higher activity of d-tocopherol than g-tocopherol, and the ineffectiveness of a-tocopherol.
- Elucidation of the inhibition of the interactions between cancer cells and myeloid derived suppressor cells in vivo and in vitro by curcumin.
- Conducting translational research on tocopherols in prostate cancer patients.
- Conduct research as described above.
- Teach a course on “Diet, Nutrition and Disease Prevention in Pharmacy Practice” and lecture in the course “Molecular Biology and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.”
- Serve as a Leader of the Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention Program of the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
- Serve on editorial board of several scientific journals and currently editing a special volume on “Tea and Health” for Pharmacological Research.
- Kang, SI, Woo, IT, Bae, SU, Yang, CS. Single-Incision Versus Conventional Laparoscopic Appendectomy: A Multi-Center Randomized Controlled Trial (SCAR trial). Int J Surg Protoc. 2021;25 (1):201-208. doi: 10.29337/ijsp.159. PubMed PMID:34541430 PubMed Central PMC8415183
- Idogawa, N, Lee, CC, Yang, CS, Dobata, S. The complete mitochondrial genome of a parthenogenetic ant Monomorium triviale (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Mitochondrial DNA B Resour. 2021;6 (10):2793-2795. doi: 10.1080/23802359.2021.1970632. PubMed PMID:34514129 PubMed Central PMC8425732
- Kim, YH, Kim, JY, Kwon, OJ, Jung, SY, Joung, JY, Yang, CS, Lee, JH, Cho, JH, Son, CG. Efficacy of a Traditional Herbal Formula, Banha-Sasim-Tang in Functional Dyspepsia Classified as Excess Pattern. Front Pharmacol. 2021;12 :698887. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.698887. PubMed PMID:34512334 PubMed Central PMC8429799
- Ni, XF, Yang, CS, Bai, YM, Hu, ZX, Zhang, LL. Drug-Related Problems of Patients in Primary Health Care Institutions: A Systematic Review. Front Pharmacol. 2021;12 :698907. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.698907. PubMed PMID:34489695 PubMed Central PMC8418140
- Chai, LS, Liu, GS, Zhu, YX, Wang, SY, Yang, CS, Li, Y. [Chemical constituents of Physalis minima]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2021;46 (15):3865-3872. doi: 10.19540/j.cnki.cjcmm.20210525.202. PubMed PMID:34472261
- Wang, SJ, Lu, HT, Wang, YC, Huang, HY, Yang, CS. A rapid screening method to select microdialysis carriers for hydrophobic compounds. PLoS One. 2021;16 (9):e0256920. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0256920. PubMed PMID:34469501 PubMed Central PMC8409685
- Hsu, CH, Yang, CS, Chen, YJ, Lin, TL. Primary neurolymphomatosis in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma diagnosed by skin biopsy. Leuk Lymphoma. 2021; :1-3. doi: 10.1080/10428194.2021.1971221. PubMed PMID:34448429
Categories: Faculty, Toxicology, Member, Tox Member
Updated 5 months ago.