Chung “CS” Yang, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor & John L. Colaizzi Endowed Chair in Pharmacy
Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of PharmacyEOHSI – Toxicology
Work William Levine Hall Room 129 160 Frelinghuysen Road Piscataway NJ 08854 work
Work Phone: 848-445-5360work
Work Fax: 732-445-0687workfax
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Mechanisms of carcinogenesis and its prevention, including development of new animal models for colon ad prostate cancers as well as studies on the inhibition of carcinogenesis by tea constituents, tocopherols, and their combination with commonly used drugs. Research is being conducted in animal models, on molecular investigation with cell lines, and in humans.
- Development of animal models for colon and prostate cancers using humanized CYP1A mice and PhIP (a dietary carcinogen) to study dietary cancer prevention.
- Elucidation of the cancer preventive activities and mechanisms of action of green tea polyphenols.
- Demonstration of the broad cancer prevention activities of tocopherols, especially the higher activity of d-tocopherol than g-tocopherol, and the ineffectiveness of a-tocopherol.
- Elucidation of the inhibition of the interactions between cancer cells and myeloid derived suppressor cells in vivo and in vitro by curcumin.
- Conducting translational research on tocopherols in prostate cancer patients.
- Conduct research as described above.
- Teach a course on “Diet, Nutrition and Disease Prevention in Pharmacy Practice” and lecture in the course “Molecular Biology and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.”
- Serve as a Leader of the Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention Program of the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
- Serve on editorial board of several scientific journals and currently editing a special volume on “Tea and Health” for Pharmacological Research.
- Yang, CH, Hou, MF, Chuang, LY, Yang, CS, Lin, YD. Dimensionality reduction approach for many-objective epistasis analysis. Brief Bioinform. 2022; :. doi: 10.1093/bib/bbac512. PubMed PMID:36458451
- Lee, Y, Kim, S, Seo, J, Kim, HK, Han, YP, Park, EJ, Park, JO, Yang, CS, Kim, JW. Fibroblast-targeting polymeric nanovehicles to enhance topical wound healing through promotion of PAR-2 receptor-mediated endocytosis. Biomater Sci. 2022; :. doi: 10.1039/d2bm01357f. PubMed PMID:36448995
- Hsu, JH, Yang, CS, Chen, JJ. Antioxidant, Anti-α-Glucosidase, Antityrosinase, and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Bioactive Components from Morus alba. Antioxidants (Basel). 2022;11 (11):. doi: 10.3390/antiox11112222. PubMed PMID:36421408 PubMed Central PMC9686747
- Chen, CJ, Hang, JF, Chen, YA, Lin, SJ, Chiu, HM, Hsu, CY, Lai, CR, Yang, CS. The diagnostic utility of trichorhinophalangeal syndrome type 1 immunohistochemistry for metastatic breast carcinoma in effusion cytology specimens. Cancer Cytopathol. 2022; :. doi: 10.1002/cncy.22663. PubMed PMID:36399408
- Hsu, CH, Yang, CS, Yen, CY. Type 1 lepra reaction induced by a COVID-19 vaccine. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2022; :. doi: 10.1111/jdv.18735. PubMed PMID:36377290
- Yoon, C, Ham, YS, Gil, WJ, Yang, CS. The strategies of NLRP3 inflammasome to combat <i>Toxoplasma gondii</i>. Front Immunol. 2022;13 :1002387. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2022.1002387. PubMed PMID:36341349 PubMed Central PMC9626524
- Tien, N, Ho, CY, Lai, SJ, Lin, YC, Yang, CS, Wang, YC, Huang, WC, Chen, Y, Chang, JJ. Crystal structure of the capsular polysaccharide-synthesis enzyme CapG from Staphylococcus aureus. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2022;78 (Pt 11):378-385. doi: 10.1107/S2053230X22008743. PubMed PMID:36322423 PubMed Central PMC9629516
Categories: Faculty, Toxicology, Member, Tox Member
Updated 2 years ago.