Distinguished Professor & John L. Colaizzi Endowed Chair in Pharmacy
Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of PharmacyEOHSI – Toxicology
Work Phone: 848-445-5360work
Work Fax: 732-445-0687workfax
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Mechanisms of carcinogenesis and its prevention, including development of new animal models for colon ad prostate cancers as well as studies on the inhibition of carcinogenesis by tea constituents, tocopherols, and their combination with commonly used drugs. Research is being conducted in animal models, on molecular investigation with cell lines, and in humans.
- Development of animal models for colon and prostate cancers using humanized CYP1A mice and PhIP (a dietary carcinogen) to study dietary cancer prevention.
- Elucidation of the cancer preventive activities and mechanisms of action of green tea polyphenols.
- Demonstration of the broad cancer prevention activities of tocopherols, especially the higher activity of d-tocopherol than g-tocopherol, and the ineffectiveness of a-tocopherol.
- Elucidation of the inhibition of the interactions between cancer cells and myeloid derived suppressor cells in vivo and in vitro by curcumin.
- Conducting translational research on tocopherols in prostate cancer patients.
- Conduct research as described above.
- Teach a course on “Diet, Nutrition and Disease Prevention in Pharmacy Practice” and lecture in the course “Molecular Biology and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.”
- Serve as a Leader of the Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention Program of the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
- Serve on editorial board of several scientific journals and currently editing a special volume on “Tea and Health” for Pharmacological Research.
- Yang, CS, Wu, MC, Lai, MC, Wu, SN, Huang, CW. Identification of New Antiseizure Medication Candidates in Preclinical Animal Studies. Int J Mol Sci. 2023;24 (17):. doi: 10.3390/ijms241713143. PubMed PMID:37685950 PubMed Central PMC10487685
- Chiu, UT, Lee, BF, Ko, LN, Yang, CS, Chao, L. Non-Electroneutrality Generated by Bacteriorhodopsin-Incorporated Membranes Enhances the Conductivity of a Gelatin Memory Device. Gels. 2023;9 (8):. doi: 10.3390/gels9080635. PubMed PMID:37623090 PubMed Central PMC10453721
- Yang, CS, Ko, TP, Chen, CJ, Hou, MH, Wang, YC, Chen, Y. Crystal structure and functional implications of cyclic di-pyrimidine-synthesizing cGAS/DncV-like nucleotidyltransferases. Nat Commun. 2023;14 (1):5078. doi: 10.1038/s41467-023-40787-9. PubMed PMID:37604815 PubMed Central PMC10442399
- Cho, E, Mun, SJ, Jeon, M, Kim, HK, Baek, H, Ham, YS, Gil, WJ, Kim, JW, Yang, CS. Tumor-targeted liposomes with platycodin D2 promote apoptosis in colorectal cancer. Mater Today Bio. 2023;22 :100745. doi: 10.1016/j.mtbio.2023.100745. PubMed PMID:37576871 PubMed Central PMC10415802
- Kim, JS, Kim, YR, Jang, S, Wang, SG, Cho, E, Mun, SJ, Jeon, HI, Kim, HK, Min, SJ, Yang, CS et al.. Correction: Kim et al. Mito-TIPTP Increases Mitochondrial Function by Repressing the Rubicon-p22phox Interaction in Colitis-Induced Mice. Antioxidants 2021, 10, 1954. Antioxidants (Basel). 2023;12 (7):. doi: 10.3390/antiox12071415. PubMed PMID:37508020 PubMed Central PMC10368151
- Yang, YS, Lee, SH, Wang, JM, Yang, CS, Huang, YM, Hou, TW. Lightweight Authentication Mechanism for Industrial IoT Environment Combining Elliptic Curve Cryptography and Trusted Token. Sensors (Basel). 2023;23 (10):. doi: 10.3390/s23104970. PubMed PMID:37430882 PubMed Central PMC10222187
- Huang, XR, Jiang, YB, Yang, CS, Xu, H, Fang, SC, Chen, XW, Chen, C, Li, H. [Development and clinical application of a new reduction device for the treatment of tibial plateau fracture under arthroscopic monitoring]. Zhongguo Gu Shang. 2023;36 (6):570-3. doi: 10.12200/j.issn.1003-0034.2023.06.013. PubMed PMID:37366101