Nancy Fiedler, Ph.D.
EOHSI- Deputy Director, Professor – Rutgers School of Public Health
Rutgers University – School of Public HealthEOHSI – Clinical Research and Occupational Medicine
Work EOHSI Room 210 170 Frelinghuysen Rd Piscataway NJ 08854 work
Work Phone: 848-445-6081work
Work Fax: 732-445-0130workfax
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Website: Nancy Fiedler’s Bio Page
- Controlled human exposure health effects studies, incorporating chemical exposures and psychological stress to model realistic environmental exposures.
- Epidemiologic investigations of toxic encephalopathy among workers chronically exposed to solvents and lead with a focus on integrating neuropsychological testing, exposure assessment, and functional imaging.
- Translational research to examine whether alteration in HPA axis function among lead exposed animals translates to humans chronically exposed to lead
- International studies based in Thailand to investigate the cognitive and behavioral effects of pesticide exposure in a birth cohort
- Discovered a negative dose response relationship between lifetime solvent exposure and functional imaging activation patterns during performance of a working memory task.
- Demonstrated neurobehavioral performance deficits among workers chronically exposed to solvents
- Validated a lifetime solvent exposure index with neurobehavioral performance among workers chronically exposed to solvent mixtures
- Current blood and bone lead alters hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis function among workers with lifetime exposure
- Developing behavioral research capacity among public health students at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Member of the Joint Graduate Program in Toxicology, Rutgers University
- NIH Fogarty International Center Grant reviewer
- Co-Chair for the New Jersey Alliance for Clinical and Translational Science Scientific Review Board
- New Jersey Kids Study Co-Chair for neurodevelopmental assessment
- EOHSI representative for the RBHS Mentor Committee
- Chair for the EOHSI Faculty Search Committee
Click here for additiional publications by Dr. Fiedler.
- Li, Q, Lesseur, C, Srirangam, P, Kaur, K, Hermetz, K, Caudle, WM, Fiedler, N, Panuwet, P, Prapamontol, T, Naksen, W et al.. Associations between prenatal organophosphate pesticide exposure and placental gene networks. Environ Res. 2023;224 :115490. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2023.115490. PubMed PMID:36828252 PubMed Central PMC10054353
- Liang, D, Batross, J, Fiedler, N, Prapamontol, T, Suttiwan, P, Panuwet, P, Naksen, W, Baumert, BO, Yakimavets, V, Tan, Y et al.. Metabolome-wide association study of the relationship between chlorpyrifos exposure and first trimester serum metabolite levels in pregnant Thai farmworkers. Environ Res. 2022;215 (Pt 2):114319. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2022.114319. PubMed PMID:36108722 PubMed Central PMC9909724
- Baumert, BO, Fiedler, N, Prapamontol, T, Suttiwan, P, Naksen, W, Panuwet, P, Sittiwang, S, Dokjunyam, C, Smarr, MM, Marsit, CJ et al.. Investigation of Prenatal Pesticide Exposure and Neurodevelopmental Deficits in Northern Thailand: Protocol for a Longitudinal Birth Cohort Study. JMIR Res Protoc. 2022;11 (2):e31696. doi: 10.2196/31696. PubMed PMID:35129451 PubMed Central PMC8861866
- Sittiwang, S, Nimmapirat, P, Suttiwan, P, Promduang, W, Chaikittipornlert, N, Wouldes, T, Prapamontol, T, Naksen, W, Promkam, N, Pingwong, S et al.. The relationship between prenatal exposure to organophosphate insecticides and neurodevelopmental integrity of infants at 5-weeks of age. Front Epidemiol. 2022;2 :. doi: 10.3389/fepid.2022.1039922. PubMed PMID:36925965 PubMed Central PMC10016628
- Baumert, BO, Fiedler, N, Prapamontol, T, Naksen, W, Panuwet, P, Hongsibsong, S, Wongkampaun, A, Thongjan, N, Lee, G, Sittiwang, S et al.. Urinary Concentrations of Dialkylphosphate Metabolites of Organophosphate pesticides in the Study of Asian Women and their Offspring’s Development and Environmental Exposures (SAWASDEE). Environ Int. 2022;158 :106884. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2021.106884. PubMed PMID:34583095 PubMed Central PMC8688265
- Castle, M, Fiedler, N, Pop, LC, Schneider, SJ, Schlussel, Y, Sukumar, D, Hao, L, Shapses, SA. Three Doses of Vitamin D and Cognitive Outcomes in Older Women: A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2020;75 (5):835-842. doi: 10.1093/gerona/glz041. PubMed PMID:30951148 PubMed Central PMC7164532
- Fiedler, N, Weisel, C, Nwankwo, C, Kipen, H, Lange, G, Ohman-Strickland, P, Laumbach, R. Chronic Exposure to Solvents Among Construction Painters: Reductions in Exposure and Neurobehavioral Health Effects. J Occup Environ Med. 2018;60 (12):e663-e670. doi: 10.1097/JOM.0000000000001470. PubMed PMID:30308619 PubMed Central PMC6289817
- Fiedler, N, Rohitrattana, J, Siriwong, W, Suttiwan, P, Ohman Strickland, P, Ryan, PB, Rohlman, DS, Panuwet, P, Barr, DB, Robson, MG et al.. Neurobehavioral effects of exposure to organophosphates and pyrethroid pesticides among Thai children. Neurotoxicology. 2015;48 :90-9. doi: 10.1016/j.neuro.2015.02.003. PubMed PMID:25721160 PubMed Central PMC4442703
- Rohitrattana, J, Siriwong, W, Robson, M, Panuwet, P, Barr, DB, Fiedler, N. Pyrethroid insecticide exposure in school-aged children living in rice and aquacultural farming regions of Thailand. Risk Manag Healthc Policy. 2014;7 :211-7. doi: 10.2147/RMHP.S67208. PubMed PMID:25395873 PubMed Central PMC4227621
- Ruggiero, JS, Redeker, NS, Fiedler, N, Avi-Itzhak, T, Fischetti, N. Sleep and psychomotor vigilance in female shiftworkers. Biol Res Nurs. 2012;14 (3):225-35. doi: 10.1177/1099800411408413. PubMed PMID:21708893
Categories: Faculty, Environmental and Population Health Biosciences, Epi Members, Global Health, leadership, Member
Updated 10 months ago.