Nancy Fiedler, Ph.D.
EOHSI- Deputy Director, Professor – Rutgers School of Public Health
Rutgers University – School of Public HealthEOHSI – Clinical Research and Occupational Medicine
Work EOHSI Room 210 170 Frelinghuysen Rd Piscataway NJ 08854 work
Work Phone: 848-445-6081work
Work Fax: 732-445-0130workfax
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
- Controlled human exposure health effects studies, incorporating chemical exposures and psychological stress to model realistic environmental exposures.
- Epidemiologic investigations of toxic encephalopathy among workers chronically exposed to solvents and lead with a focus on integrating neuropsychological testing, exposure assessment, and functional imaging.
- Translational research to examine whether alteration in HPA axis function among lead exposed animals translates to humans chronically exposed to lead International studies based in Thailand to investigate the cognitive and behavioral effects of pesticide exposure among children.
- Discovered a negative dose response relationship between lifetime solvent exposure and functional imaging activation patterns during performance of a working memory task.
- Demonstrated neurobehavioral performance deficits among workers chronically exposed to solvents
- Validated a lifetime solvent exposure index with neurobehavioral performance among workers chronically exposed to solvent mixtures
- Current blood and bone lead alters hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis function among workers with lifetime exposure
- Developing behavioral research capacity among public health students at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Chair, Biomedical Health Sciences Institutional Review Board (IRB) — Piscataway/New Brunswick
- Member of the Joint Graduate Program in Toxicology, Rutgers University
- Consulting Editor – Archives of Environmental & Occupational Health
Click here for additiional publications by Dr. Fiedler.
- Castle, M, Fiedler, N, Pop, LC, Schneider, SJ, Schlussel, Y, Sukumar, D, Hao, L, Shapses, SA. Three Doses of Vitamin D and Cognitive Outcomes in Older Women: A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2020;75 (5):835-842. doi: 10.1093/gerona/glz041. PubMed PMID:30951148 PubMed Central PMC7164532
- Fiedler, N, Weisel, C, Nwankwo, C, Kipen, H, Lange, G, Ohman-Strickland, P, Laumbach, R. Chronic Exposure to Solvents Among Construction Painters: Reductions in Exposure and Neurobehavioral Health Effects. J Occup Environ Med. 2018;60 (12):e663-e670. doi: 10.1097/JOM.0000000000001470. PubMed PMID:30308619 PubMed Central PMC6289817
- Fiedler, N, Rohitrattana, J, Siriwong, W, Suttiwan, P, Ohman Strickland, P, Ryan, PB, Rohlman, DS, Panuwet, P, Barr, DB, Robson, MG et al.. Neurobehavioral effects of exposure to organophosphates and pyrethroid pesticides among Thai children. Neurotoxicology. 2015;48 :90-9. doi: 10.1016/j.neuro.2015.02.003. PubMed PMID:25721160 PubMed Central PMC4442703
- Rohitrattana, J, Siriwong, W, Robson, M, Panuwet, P, Barr, DB, Fiedler, N. Pyrethroid insecticide exposure in school-aged children living in rice and aquacultural farming regions of Thailand. Risk Manag Healthc Policy. 2014;7 :211-7. doi: 10.2147/RMHP.S67208. PubMed PMID:25395873 PubMed Central PMC4227621
- Ruggiero, JS, Redeker, NS, Fiedler, N, Avi-Itzhak, T, Fischetti, N. Sleep and psychomotor vigilance in female shiftworkers. Biol Res Nurs. 2012;14 (3):225-35. doi: 10.1177/1099800411408413. PubMed PMID:21708893
- Laumbach, RJ, Kipen, HM, Kelly-McNeil, K, Zhang, J, Zhang, L, Lioy, PJ, Ohman-Strickland, P, Gong, J, Kusnecov, A, Fiedler, N et al.. Sickness response symptoms among healthy volunteers after controlled exposures to diesel exhaust and psychological stress. Environ Health Perspect. 2011;119 (7):945-50. doi: 10.1289/ehp.1002631. PubMed PMID:21330231 PubMed Central PMC3223003
- Laumbach, R, Tong, J, Zhang, L, Ohman-Strickland, P, Stern, A, Fiedler, N, Kipen, H, Kelly-McNeil, K, Lioy, P, Zhang, J et al.. Quantification of 1-aminopyrene in human urine after a controlled exposure to diesel exhaust. J Environ Monit. 2009;11 (1):153-9. doi: 10.1039/b810039j. PubMed PMID:19137151 PubMed Central PMC4049318
- Osinubi, OY, Gandhi, SK, Ohman-Strickland, P, Boglarsky, C, Fiedler, N, Kipen, H, Robson, M. Organizational factors and office workers’ health after the World Trade Center terrorist attacks: long-term physical symptoms, psychological distress, and work productivity. J Occup Environ Med. 2008;50 (2):112-25. doi: 10.1097/JOM.0b013e31815e92bd. PubMed PMID:18301168
- Fiedler, N, Kipen, H, Ohman-Strickland, P, Zhang, J, Weisel, C, Laumbach, R, Kelly-McNeil, K, Olejeme, K, Lioy, P. Sensory and cognitive effects of acute exposure to hydrogen sulfide. Environ Health Perspect. 2008;116 (1):78-85. doi: 10.1289/ehp.10531. PubMed PMID:18197303 PubMed Central PMC2199294
- Fiedler, N, Kelly-McNeil, K, Ohman-Strickland, P, Zhang, J, Ottenweller, J, Kipen, HM. Negative affect and chemical intolerance as risk factors for building-related symptoms: a controlled exposure study. Psychosom Med. 2008;70 (2):254-62. doi: 10.1097/PSY.0b013e31816074f4. PubMed PMID:18158364
Categories: Faculty, Exposure Science and Epidemiology, Epi Members, Global Health, leadership, Member
Updated 3 months ago.