Speakers: Michael Gochfeld, MD, PhD
Topic:“CONSTRUCTION SAFETY WORKSHOP”
Date and Time: November 1, 2016, 1:30 PM
Location: Conference Rooms A&B, EOHSI, Piscataway, NJ
- Define the role of construction among U.S. employment
- Identify the various trades involved in the construction of a building
- Assess the rates of injuries to construction workers in comparison to other groups
- Observe construction work on the Busch campus with respect to different aspects of construction and any observable hazards and protections.
- Describe the steps involved in surveying a construction site for safety issues.
Target Audience:: Environmental and/or occupational medicine practitioners, community health workers, industrial hygienists, researchers, students of air pollution health effects and to others in the field of environmental and occupational safety and health. Occupational Physicians, Nurses, Industrial Hygienists, fellows, residents, medical students and environmental exposure scientists.
Accreditation & Designation
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Michael Gochfeld has no relevant financial relationships and Dr. Gochfeld does not intend to discuss unapproved/investigational uses of commercial products during their presentation.
“Planning committee members, Dr. Mitchel Rosen and Dr. Michael Gochfeld have no relevant financial relationships. Dr. Michael Pratt’s immediate family works for Novartis.”