Marianthi G. Ierapetritou Ph.D.Professor and Chair, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Department Rutgers University – School of EngineeringEOHSI – Exposure Science and Epidemiology
Marianthi Ierapetritou joined the Rutgers faculty in 1998 and was elected chair of the Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Department in 2013. Her research interests focus on process operations, design, and synthesis of flexible manufacturing systems, modeling of reactive flow processes, and metabolic engineering.
She received the Outstanding Engineering Faculty Award in 2012, the Rutgers Board of Trustees Research Fellowship for Scholarly Excellence in 2004, and the prestigious NSF CAREER award in 2000. She is a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) and Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), and an active participant in the scientific advising committees of the Engineering Specific Career Advisory Problem-solving Environment (ESCAPE). She has been active in the Computing and Systems Technology (CAST) division of AIChE as a division vice chair and area 10A program coordinator. She is also an elected trustee of Computer Aids in Chemical Engineering (CACHE), currently serving as vice president.
Ierapetritou received her PhD in 1995 from the Imperial College, London, and completed post-doctoral research at Princeton University.
- Sadula, S, Athaley, A, Zheng, W, Ierapetritou, M, Saha, B. Process Intensification for Cellulosic Biorefineries. ChemSusChem. 2017;10 (12):2566-2572. doi: 10.1002/cssc.201700183. PubMed PMID:28407438
- Román-Ospino, AD, Singh, R, Ierapetritou, M, Ramachandran, R, Méndez, R, Ortega-Zuñiga, C, Muzzio, FJ, Romañach, RJ. Near infrared spectroscopic calibration models for real time monitoring of powder density. Int J Pharm. 2016;512 (1):61-74. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2016.08.029. PubMed PMID:27543356
- Rao, R, Yang, Q, Orman, MA, Berthiaume, F, Ierapetritou, MG, Androulakis, IP. Burn trauma disrupts circadian rhythms in rat liver. Int J Burns Trauma. 2016;6 (2):12-25. . PubMed PMID:27335693 PubMed Central PMC4913229
- Singh, R, Román-Ospino, AD, Romañach, RJ, Ierapetritou, M, Ramachandran, R. Real time monitoring of powder blend bulk density for coupled feed-forward/feed-back control of a continuous direct compaction tablet manufacturing process. Int J Pharm. 2015;495 (1):612-25. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2015.09.029. PubMed PMID:26386140
- Singh, R, Sahay, A, Karry, KM, Muzzio, F, Ierapetritou, M, Ramachandran, R. Implementation of an advanced hybrid MPC-PID control system using PAT tools into a direct compaction continuous pharmaceutical tablet manufacturing pilot plant. Int J Pharm. 2014;473 (1-2):38-54. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2014.06.045. PubMed PMID:24974987
- Nguyen, TT, Mattick, JS, Yang, Q, Orman, MA, Ierapetritou, MG, Berthiaume, F, Androulakis, IP. Bioinformatics analysis of transcriptional regulation of circadian genes in rat liver. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014;15 :83. doi: 10.1186/1471-2105-15-83. PubMed PMID:24666587 PubMed Central PMC3987685
- Mattick, JSA, Kamisoglu, K, Ierapetritou, MG, Androulakis, IP, Berthiaume, F. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation: impact on signaling and relevance to critical illness. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med. ;5 (4):449-460. doi: 10.1002/wsbm.1219. PubMed PMID:23554299 PubMed Central PMC4482218