Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of PharmacyEOHSI – Toxicology
Work Phone: 848-445-6349work
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Drug/Xenobiotic Absorption, Distribution and Elimination, Membrane Transporters
Drug transporters mediate the absorption, distribution, and excretion of a diverse array of clinically important drugs, including anti-HIV therapeutics, anti-tumor drugs, antibiotics, anti-hypertensives, and anti-inflammatories, and therefore are critical to the survival of the mammalian species. The goal of Dr. You’s research is to elucidate the molecular, cellular, and functional characteristics of these transporters, their implications in human physiology and diseases, and their applications to drug therapy. Techniques in molecular and cellular biology, physiology, biochemistry, and biophysics are used to investigate the transport mechanisms both in vitro and in vivo. The knowledge gained from these studies will have significant impact on the future design of strategies aimed at maximizing therapeutic efficacy and minimizing toxicity, and will permit insight into the molecular, cellular, and clinical bases of renal, hepatic, neurological and fetal toxicity and disease.
Dr. You’s lab, standing at the forefront of drug transport research, a research area of highly pharmacological and clinical importance, has uncovered several mechanisms underlying the regulation of drug transporters OATs. Her lab is the first to report that OAT activity can be regulated by membrane trafficking, ubiquitination, glycosylation, phosphorlation, and environmental pH.
- 2012-2014 Co-Editor, Book “Drug Transporters” to be published by Wiley & Son, NY, NY
- 2012-2013 Executive Council, Graduate School-New Brunswick, Rutgers University
- 2011-2012 Co-Chair, Mission, Planning & Evaluation sub-committee, ACPE Steering Committee, School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University
- 2012 NIH Review Panel for COBRE Pilot Project Applications
- 2012 NIH Special Emphasis Review Panel for Program Project Grants.
- 2008-2011 Executive Committee, Student and Postdoc Outreach and Development, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
- 2007-2011 NIH Study Section Permanent Member, Cellular and Molecular Biology of the Kidney
- 2011 NIH Special Emphasis Review Panel for Program Project Grants.
- 2011 Committee, Pharmaceutical Research Meritorious Manuscript Award, Pharmaceutical Research
- 2010 Co-Chair, Symposium “Transport Proteins I: Regulatory Mechanisms That Modulate Drug Disposition and Response”, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Georgia.
- 2009-present Editorial Board, International Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2008-2012 Executive Committee, Drug Transport Focus Group, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientist
- 2006-present Editorial Board, Pharmaceutical Research
- You, GE, Lim, MJ, Min, KS, Yu, MK, Lee, KW. Surface property changes observed in zirconia during etching with high-concentration hydrofluoric acid over various immersion times. Dent Mater J. 2023; :. doi: 10.4012/dmj.2023-091. PubMed PMID:38044145
- He, Y, Lin, S, Xu, X, He, S, Xu, H, You, G, Chen, J, Xu, D. Single-port-plus-one robot-assisted laparoscopic modified Lich-Gregoir direct nipple ureteral extravesical reimplantation in children with a primary obstructive megaureter. Front Pediatr. 2023;11 :1238918. doi: 10.3389/fped.2023.1238918. PubMed PMID:38027297 PubMed Central PMC10653315
- Tang, X, Li, L, You, G, Li, X, Kang, J. Metallic elements combine with herbal compounds upload in microneedles to promote wound healing: a review. Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 2023;11 :1283771. doi: 10.3389/fbioe.2023.1283771. PubMed PMID:38026844 PubMed Central PMC10655017
- Wang, P, You, G, Gao, Y, Chen, J, Wang, X, Wang, C. Agricultural practices and ditch size drive microbial community assembly and mediate N- and P-transformation in multistage drainage networks of paddy fields: Insights from a large-scale irrigation district in eastern China. J Environ Manage. 2024;350 :119625. doi: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2023.119625. PubMed PMID:37995486
- Myung, DS, Oh, HH, Kim, JS, Lim, JW, Lim, CJ, Gim, SE, Seo, YE, Ma, KY, You, GR, Im, CM et al.. Cytochrome P450 Family 46 Subfamily A Member 1 Promotes the Progression of Colorectal Cancer by Inducing Tumor Cell Proliferation and Angiogenesis. Anticancer Res. 2023;43 (11):4915-4922. doi: 10.21873/anticanres.16689. PubMed PMID:37909961
- You, G, Zhao, X, Liu, J, Yao, K, Yi, X, Chen, H, Wei, X, Huang, Y, Yang, X, Lei, Y et al.. Machine learning-based identification of CYBB and FCAR as potential neutrophil extracellular trap-related treatment targets in sepsis. Front Immunol. 2023;14 :1253833. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2023.1253833. PubMed PMID:37901228 PubMed Central PMC10613076
- Shi, L, Bao, C, Wen, Y, Liu, X, You, G. Analysis and comparison of the trends in burden of rheumatic heart disease in China and worldwide from 1990 to 2019. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2023;23 (1):517. doi: 10.1186/s12872-023-03552-w. PubMed PMID:37875798 PubMed Central PMC10594932