Guofeng You, Ph.D.
Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of PharmacyEOHSI – Toxicology
Work William Levine Hall Room 218 160 Frelinghuysen Road Piscataway NJ 08854 work
Work Phone: 848-445-6349work
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Drug/Xenobiotic Absorption, Distribution and Elimination, Membrane Transporters
Drug transporters mediate the absorption, distribution, and excretion of a diverse array of clinically important drugs, including anti-HIV therapeutics, anti-tumor drugs, antibiotics, anti-hypertensives, and anti-inflammatories, and therefore are critical to the survival of the mammalian species. The goal of Dr. You’s research is to elucidate the molecular, cellular, and functional characteristics of these transporters, their implications in human physiology and diseases, and their applications to drug therapy. Techniques in molecular and cellular biology, physiology, biochemistry, and biophysics are used to investigate the transport mechanisms both in vitro and in vivo. The knowledge gained from these studies will have significant impact on the future design of strategies aimed at maximizing therapeutic efficacy and minimizing toxicity, and will permit insight into the molecular, cellular, and clinical bases of renal, hepatic, neurological and fetal toxicity and disease.
Dr. You’s lab, standing at the forefront of drug transport research, a research area of highly pharmacological and clinical importance, has uncovered several mechanisms underlying the regulation of drug transporters OATs. Her lab is the first to report that OAT activity can be regulated by membrane trafficking, ubiquitination, glycosylation, phosphorlation, and environmental pH.
- 2012-2014 Co-Editor, Book “Drug Transporters” to be published by Wiley & Son, NY, NY
- 2012-2013 Executive Council, Graduate School-New Brunswick, Rutgers University
- 2011-2012 Co-Chair, Mission, Planning & Evaluation sub-committee, ACPE Steering Committee, School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University
- 2012 NIH Review Panel for COBRE Pilot Project Applications
- 2012 NIH Special Emphasis Review Panel for Program Project Grants.
- 2008-2011 Executive Committee, Student and Postdoc Outreach and Development, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
- 2007-2011 NIH Study Section Permanent Member, Cellular and Molecular Biology of the Kidney
- 2011 NIH Special Emphasis Review Panel for Program Project Grants.
- 2011 Committee, Pharmaceutical Research Meritorious Manuscript Award, Pharmaceutical Research
- 2010 Co-Chair, Symposium “Transport Proteins I: Regulatory Mechanisms That Modulate Drug Disposition and Response”, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Georgia.
- 2009-present Editorial Board, International Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2008-2012 Executive Committee, Drug Transport Focus Group, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientist
- 2006-present Editorial Board, Pharmaceutical Research
- Ger, E, You, G, Küntay, AC, Göksun, T, Stoll, S, Daum, MM. Gradual Route to Productivity: Evidence from Turkish Morphological Causatives. Cogn Sci. 2022;46 (12):e13210. doi: 10.1111/cogs.13210. PubMed PMID:36458630
- Jia, X, You, G, McKenzie, S, Zou, C, Gao, J, Wang, A. Inter-annual variations of vegetation dynamics to climate change in Ordos, Inner Mongolia, China. PLoS One. 2022;17 (11):e0264263. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0264263. PubMed PMID:36331953 PubMed Central PMC9635713
- Zhang, Z, You, G, Qin, Y, Peng, J, Xie, S, Jiang, X, Wang, C, Yu, R, Shen, Y, Xiao, L et al.. Fabrication and Characterization of an Optimized Low-Loss Two-Mode Fiber for Optoacoustic Sensing. Micromachines (Basel). 2022;13 (10):. doi: 10.3390/mi13101774. PubMed PMID:36296127 PubMed Central PMC9611410
- Jovin, TG, Li, C, Wu, L, Wu, C, Chen, J, Jiang, C, Shi, Z, Gao, Z, Song, C, Chen, W et al.. Trial of Thrombectomy 6 to 24 Hours after Stroke Due to Basilar-Artery Occlusion. N Engl J Med. 2022;387 (15):1373-1384. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2207576. PubMed PMID:36239645
- Long, J, Ying, T, Zhang, L, Yu, T, Wu, J, Liu, Y, Li, X, You, G, Zhang, L, Bi, Y et al.. Discovery of fusidic acid derivatives as novel STING inhibitors for treatment of sepsis. Eur J Med Chem. 2022;244 :114814. doi: 10.1016/j.ejmech.2022.114814. PubMed PMID:36228412
- Yu, T, Shen, R, You, G, Lv, L, Kang, S, Wang, X, Xu, J, Zhu, D, Xia, Z, Zheng, J et al.. Machine learning-based prediction of the post-thrombotic syndrome: Model development and validation study. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2022;9 :990788. doi: 10.3389/fcvm.2022.990788. PubMed PMID:36186967 PubMed Central PMC9523080
- Ni, Y, Wen, Y, Bao, Y, Xu, Y, Chen, Z, Yang, X, He, J, You, G. Nurses’ perspectives on the barriers to and facilitators of the implementation of secondary prevention for people with coronary heart disease: a qualitative descriptive study. BMJ Open. 2022;12 (9):e063029. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2022-063029. PubMed PMID:36167370 PubMed Central PMC9516137
Categories: Faculty, Toxicology
Updated 7 years ago.